Saturday, July 5, 2008

School Boys Recieve Detention For Refusing To Pray To Allah

Two schoolboys, aged 11 and 12, recieved detention for their refusal to pray to Allah during a religious education lesson.

Parents were outraged that the boys were punished for not wanting to participate in the Muslim prayer demonstration, saying it was a breach of their human rights.

Karen Williams, a parent of a child made to partake in the activity, said "I am absolutely furious my daughter was made to take part in it and I don't find it acceptable".

"I haven't got a problem with them teaching my child other religions and a small amount of information doesn't do any harm".

"But not only did they have to pray, the teacher had gone into the class and made them watch a short film and then said 'we are now going out to pray to Allah'.




No comments: